Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping at Rockport


This weekend we went on a camping trip to Rockport with 4 other families. (A lake just past Park City, in Wanship). It was a Thurs-Sat event, and something we have done twice before. While the whole weekend was eventful, the kicker was Alicia getting a fever the morning we were leaving.

Ibuprofin kept her temperature under control the first day there, and she was able to play in the water and ride a wave runner. But by Friday, the medicine didn't do much good, and all she could do was rest under the beach umbrella and watch the other kids playing in the lake.

Her fever wasn't coming down by that afternoon, so she and I left and went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We were glad to have a comfortable place to go--especially since she threw up multiple times that night.

Alicia will be getting her tonsils out August 7th--and this experience reminded us why she really needs it done.

1 comment:

Lanes said...

I am sorry Alicia was sick! But super excited you posted again! I love the pics on the side and the Alicia and Holly section!